Little Laxers: stick and mouthguard (goggles for girls) - check with program director to borrow equipment before purchasing
Girls 1/2 - 7/8: stick, goggles*, rubber sole cleats (for outdoors), and mouthguard. Soft gloves are optional.
* If purchasing new or buying used, make sure the goggle meets ASTM F3077 requirements or are SEI certified. A link to the SEI certified list of goggles can be found here.
Boys 1/2 - 7/8: stick, helmet, shoulder pads*, elbow pads, gloves, rubber sole cleats (for outdoors), mouthguard, and an athletic supporter with protective cup. Rib pads are optional but recommended, especially for older players.
*A new safety rule begins Jan 1, 2022 with a requirement that all SHOULDER PADS meet a new NOCSAE ND200 requirement. Product compliance with ND200 reduces impact forces and thus the risk of commotio cordi (cardiac arrest due to a blow to the heart area).
- No jewelry is allowed for the safety of each player
- Beginner starter packages are often available at Dick's and Lacrosse Unlimited. Look for discount coupons for Tribal players in April for Dick's and Lacrossse Unlimited.
Check out these online stores and retailers for equipment discounts!
Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse Equipment Store
Run by LAX.com at https://www.lax.com/team-stores/mass-bay-youth-lacrosse-league-store/
USE CODE: MBYLL18 for 18% off all lacrosse gear.
Signature Lacrosse Shop
Free Shipping & Free Returns on all Orders! Use code: MBYLL15 at checkout for greater discounts!
Dick's Sporting Goods MBYLL Weekend - 4/1-4/4
20% off entire purchase (some exclusions apply)
Donate or Borrow Equipment
- Tribal has a small amount of donated equipment that can be borrowed. To inquire, please contact a Tribal Board member regarding donated equipment or to donate equipment.
- Used equipment can be purchased at Instant Replay in Georgetown.